1. I have more than one name on my account – what name do I enter?
If you’re setting up a new online account, use the first name on your power bill. Make sure you type your name exactly how it is on your bill. This includes spaces and commas.
Our system can only accept 25 characters in the name field. Meaning you'll only be able to enter the first name on your bill.
2. My verification code isn't working.
Make sure you keep the registration window open while you get the verification code we emailed you. If you close the window the code will be invalid.
You can only enter a verification code once. If you enter it in wrong you’ll need to ask for a new code.
3. I need a new verification code.
If your code isn’t working you’ll need to request a new code. To do this you’ll need to re-enter your email address and password in the sign up screen. And a new verification code will be emailed to you.
4. What are the password requirements for my online account?
Your password must have:
- 8-16 characters
- upper and lowercase letter
- at least one number
- one or more symbols (except < >)
For your security, we recommend you change your password regularly.
5. What’s the best internet browser to use?
Make sure your browser is up to date. Using the newest version of any browser will give you the best experience.
6. Why am I being charged a fee to use my credit card?
We wanted to avoid passing the cost of credit card payments to all customers. That's why those choosing to pay by credit card are being charged a 1.40% fee.
This fee is charged by the third party for the service provided, not by SaskPower.
7. Why is the “Meter Consumption” menu on some of my accounts but not others?
This option is only available to accounts with AMI meters (smart meters).
Consolidated account with AMI meters can’t access this menu because they’re more complex.
8. Can more than one person have access to the same account online?
Yes! You can have more than one profile for your online account. You can register for a second account the same way you created the first one.
9. Why is the confirmation email (with the verification code) email coming from Microsoft? Is this spam?
We’ve partnered with Microsoft. When you see an email from them, it’s on our behalf.
10. What happens if I don’t get my confirmation email (with the verification code) from Microsoft?
The first thing to do is check your spam filter. If it’s not there, please contact your email provider.
You need to enter the code within 5 minutes or it won't be valid. After contacting your email provider, you'll need to re-register in the sign up screen. Then we'll email you a new verification code.